Do you love boundary-pushing music and content?
- Position: Marketing Assistant
- Part time: 15-20 hours per week
- Mostly offsite: At least 1 day per week onsite (90014)
Bao Vo Creative, Inc. produces and markets original, commercial quality entertainment content – but indie. Located in the beautiful Historic Core of Downtown Los Angeles, we create entertainment brands and the music, videos, products, and performances that they embody. We’ve licensed our content to companies like Burton, Oakley, CrossFit and more. Our small team has several records, videos and products scheduled for release in the upcoming months and we need your help!
We are currently seeking a Marketing Assistant to help with day-to-day marketing and PR efforts. This position is an opportunity to learn a wide spectrum of skills needed to produce, distribute, and market entertainment content like music, video, and the artists themselves. You’ll need a be a competent writer and disciplined at documenting your work. While we have standard processes to follow, we encourage you to offer your input to help us improve. We’d like you to be in-person at our studio in Downtown Los Angeles at least one day a week – the rest of the work can be done remotely. This is primarily a marketing-related position, but you will no doubt find yourself part of our creative ecosystem. The ideal candidate should have some experience with skills related to entertainment, including but not limited to events, promotion, writing, graphic and web design.
- Researching and contacting media, event organizers, and other influencers
- Maintaining contact databases, tracking activity in our CRM system
- Research and help apply for various opportunities including speaking engagements, appearances, grants, contests
- Writing blog posts, emails, and other promotional copy
- Assist with maintaining social marketing campaigns
- Brainstorm creative approaches to marketing campaigns for albums, artists, products, and events
- Perform light office maintenance such as printing, organizing, ordering stuff
- Be in-person at our studio in Downtown LA at least 1 day per week
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Basic understanding of computers, Mac and/or PC and the Interwebz
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- The discipline to document your actions to keep everyone in the loop
Bonus points for:
- Being fearless, creative, funny
- Photography or graphic design skills
- Web design or development knowledge
- Video editing or post-production skills
- Any variety of artsy-fartsy skills
- Having your own laptop
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Be sure to attach your resume and a link or portfolio if you have one. Thanks!
Apply By Email